Volunteer Guardian Angel Program
Brazos Bend Guardianship Services is seeking adult volunteers to serve as Volunteer Guardian Angels. What does a Volunteer Guardian Angel do?
1. Visit an assigned client in our Corporate Guardianship Program twice a month for about an hour for each visit. These clients have been deemed incapacitated by a court of law and their incapacity could be a result of an intellectual disability, a form of dementia such as Alzheimer’s, a brain injury, or mental illness.
2. Take the client gifts on their birthday and 2 holidays during the year (volunteer does not pay for gift)
3. Assist BBGS Staff in helping monitor the client in their living environment
4. Have fun being a friend to an adult that typically do not have much support in their life
1. Must be at least 21 years of age
2. Be able to see a client 2 times for one hour each visit a month for a minimum of 6 months.
3. Complete an application process that involves completing and submitting a written application, a criminal history check*, reference check, interview and training. See Volunteer Job Description to the right for more details.
*NOTE: The volunteer will need to pay a small fee for the criminal history check.
4. Please download the Volunteer Application that can be found on this page. Send the application back to the Brazos Bend Guardianship Services Office. All contact information is located at the bottom of the application.